Saturday 10 March 2012

The Best Rosin for Erhu

In my opinion, the best rosin for erhu is Pirastro's Schwarz Rosin. It's black, as shown in the picture below.

Why do I say so? Well, it's based on my experience of using different types of rosins on Erhu. 

The Pirastro's rosins I've used on erhu before were the Eudoxa, Gold and Gold Flex. None of them were very suitable for Erhu steel strings if compared to the Schwarz. Furthermore, they are more expensive. 

I don't want to describe technically how good it is, but at least to tell you that Schwarz rosin is specially made for steel strings, and I just feel comfortable and easy to control. 

Cheers~

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this information. Could you show pictures of how to insert the bow between the strings? I am buying an erhu soon and need this help. I live in a really small town with no way of getting a teacher or help. Thank you, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://huqincentre.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-install-erhu-bow.html
      here's the link~

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete